Tried and true marketing strategies for better client marketing.
Some of the most tried and true marketing strategies withstand the social media algorithms, changes in user behavior, and continue to work at their core.
That’s what we’re going to talk about today — the top three online marketing strategies that will not only help your clients thrive, but also establish your expertise in the field: Content Marketing, Website Optimization, and Advertising.
Content Marketing: Inform, Engage, and Convert
Content marketing is the cornerstone of any successful B2B online marketing strategy. It grabs attention and also provides value, to attract and engage your target audience and, ultimately, nudges them toward becoming buyers.
Why Content Marketing Matters:
Informative Content: By providing valuable insights, educational resources, and industry knowledge, you establish your client’s authority in their niche.
Engagement: Engaging content fosters a sense of community and trust, making your client’s audience more likely to consider their products or services.
Conversion: When your audience sees your client as a trusted source, they’re more likely to convert into paying customers. Making you the hero of the day.
Evergreen Content: Free top of funnel content should be evergreen, meaning it remains relevant for a long time. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. While paid offers may be time-sensitive, evergreen content continues to attract and educate your client’s audience over time.
Accessibility: Ensure content is accessible to a wide audience. Write in a clear, concise manner, avoiding jargon that might alienate those unfamiliar with the industry and should not require any prior knowledge of the topic.
Promotion: Use your content to promote your paid offers. Include relevant links and CTAs that guide your audience towards your products or services.
Bonus: Evergreen Webinar Marketing: The Art of Lead Generation
Webinars are a powerful tool in B2B marketing, and they’re especially effective when used as part of an evergreen strategy for your clients.
I have a client who hosts a regular webinar for list building purposes, while another client has past webinars that we use in the nurture email sequences to move customers through to the sales process.
Here’s a high-level overview of how to make webinars work for your business:
1. Choose a Relevant Topic: Select a topic that aligns with your target audience’s interests and needs. A webinar should address one pain point and share a high-level overview of what you are selling. Too much information will lead to a confused customer. Keep it simple. Make a webinar that focuses on each pain point.
2. Compelling Promotion: Craft an attention-grabbing title and description that entices people to register for your webinar. It should clearly communicate the benefits of attending (what’s the transformation they’ll see).
3. Multi-Channel Promotion: Promote your webinar across your website, social media channels and through email marketing. The wider your reach, the more registrants you’re likely to attract. Use social media ads as well
4. Incentivize Attendance: Offer a free gift or incentive to encourage people to attend for your webinar. This could be an exclusive eBook, a discount, or access to additional resources if they stay till the end.
5. On-Demand Availability: Record your webinar and make it available on-demand. This allows attendees to watch at their convenience, reaching a broader audience.
6. Post-Webinar Promotion: Make sure to put an email sequence in place to follow up and nurture everyone who registered. Keep the discussion going.
Why Website Optimization Matters
When it comes to optimizing your client’s website, you’re not just enhancing its appearance – you’re supercharging its performance.
Start with smart keyword research, ensure your client’s site is mobile-responsive, add a dedicated FAQ section and don’t forget to ensure their load times are optimal.
Your content marketing strategy plays right into fine-tuning their site with SEO, you’re boosting your chances of claiming those coveted top spots in search engine rankings and making their business more visible than ever before.
Ensuring a user-friendly experience on the website isn’t just about aesthetics; it’s about creating an online space that captivates visitors and encourages them to delve deeper into your offerings.
You do this by guiding the user to where you want them to end up – a purchase? A call? Signup? Use calls to actions and links on all pages and posts that help guide the user to the next step.
Websites are the go-to source for answers and by dedicating sections to Frequently Asked Questions or categorizing different services and topics will help users. This not only showcases your expertise but also streamlines the customer experience.
If my team doesn’t manage a client website we work with the client’s web developers on changes we need. I also like to use Google’s PageSpeed tool although its name implies it’s just page speed it analyzes the performance and speed of a website. I run this tool on every potential client’s website so I know where we’re starting.
Social Media Ad Funnel Strategy: Attract, Engage, Convert, and Nurture
Social media advertising is a dynamic way to reach your B2B audience. A well-crafted ad funnel strategy should follow these key steps:
– Attract: Use targeted ads to attract the right people to your business. Target your audience based on demographics, interests and behaviors.
– Engage: Create engaging and relevant ad content that speaks to your audience’s pain points and needs.
– Convert: Once you’ve captured their attention, guide your audience towards conversion through compelling CTAs and landing pages.
– Nurture: Post-conversion, continue to nurture your customers. Provide exceptional customer service and deliver value through content and offerings.
These three strategies work together harmoniously to inform, engage, convert, and retain your client’s audience.
By mastering these strategies, you can stay ahead in the competitive world of B2B marketing, building lasting relationships and driving sustainable growth for your and your clients’ businesses.
Whenever you’re ready, here are two ways I can help you:
- Download the Asana Starter Kit. This is the system I use for my clients and my own business.
- 1:1 Strategy Session to work with you and your team to implement a holistic marketing strategy from start to finish for your clients. Including content creation, ads management and setup, social media strategy, email marketing and list-building strategies.