Take advantage of the upcoming holidays or “Days of” by sharing new inventory, specials, gift ideas, or tips related to the holidays.
March is the end of the first quarter – if you can believe we are there already! Spring starts as well. Take this new season and new quarter as an opportunity to create new habits that grow your business – Get Consistent with your content this month. Use the 90 Day Goals Sheet to help you plan consistency in your business.
Why Do Holidays Make Great Social Posts?
What I love about holidays is that they seem to get the most interest and engagement on social media.
They are an opportunity to create content and offers of value. Blog posts, company news or article can, on their own, be content to scroll right on by, but a fun celebration post (tied into your business offerings) can be a great way to grab attention and engagement.
Not all of these will apply to you. Pick the ones that do and use them to create posts around topics of conversations.
For example, St. Patrick’s Day is going to be a busy social media day, don’t drown in the sea of green, instead of just a funny graphic put up an offer for dinner and drinks, tie in how the St. Patrick’s Day theme is related to your business – gold and money are one in the same so if you are an accountant, talk about counting your “gold” and give a couple tips on money management.
If you are looking for more unique days to your industry, a simple Google search of “days of for [your industry]” usually brings up specific days to note. Also visit, NationalDayCalendar.com and NationalToday.com to find more ideas.
These dates of celebration are chosen for local businesses across the US for large and small businesses ranging from:
- retail shops
- cafe or bakery
- specialty foodservice and stores
- hair salon
- fitness facilities and gyms
- local service-based businesses like financial advisers, mortgage brokers, lenders, real estate agents, etc.
- any local brick and mortar business serving a local community
How to use this resource.
1. Create a content calendar and plan out your month’s strategy using the holiday topics below.
2. Start writing captions, finding or creating images or graphics (Canva)
3. Start scheduling them out these social posts a week ahead, using Facebook’s Creator Studio for Facebook and Instagram feeds.
Make your social successful, don’t schedule on the fly.
Here are some ideas for marketing opportunities in March
If you are visual and like to print things out and post them where you can see them, as I do, then I made this download the printable calendar just for you.
Asset Management Awareness Month
National Athletic Training Month
National Craft Month
National Nutrition Month
National Women’s History Month
National Social Work Month
National Caffeine Awareness Month
National Noodle Month
– Women of Aviation Worldwide Week – Week of March 8th
– National Consumer Protection Week – (First full week of March)
– Read an E-Book Week – First Full Week in March
– National Agriculture Week – March 20-26, 2022
– Brain Awareness Week – Changes annually – March 14-20, 2022
– National Animal Poison Prevention Week – Third Full Week of March
– Week of Solidarity with the Peoples Struggling Against Racism and Racial Discrimination – March 21-27
– National Cleaning Week – Begins Fourth Sunday for Seven Days
– 3/1 National Fruit Compote Day
– 3/1 Share a Smile DayWorld Compliment Day-
– 3/1 World Compliment Day
– 3/1 National Hair Day (Salon/Stylists – Share your top 5 hair care tips)
– 3/1 Stop Bad Service Day
– 3/2 Ash Wednesday
– 3/4 National Safety Day
– 3/4 National Employee Appreciation Day
– 3/8 International Women’s Day
– 3/9 National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
– 3/12 National Plant a Flower Day
– 3/12 National Working Moms Day
– 3/13 National Jewel Day
– 3/13 Daylight Saving Time
– 3/14 National Write Down Your Story Day
– 3/15 National Shoe the World Day
– 3/15 World Social Work Day – Third Tuesday in March
– 3/16 National Freedom of Information Day
– 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Day
– 3/17 National Farm Rescuer Day
– 3/19 National Certified Nurses Day
– 3/19 –National Chocolate Caramel Day
– 3/19 – National Poultry Day
– 3/20 – Spring Begins
– 3/21 National Common Courtesy Day
– 3/23 –National Puppy Day
– 3/29 –National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
– 3/30 –National Virtual Vacation Day
LOCAL THINGS HAPPENING
This is where you want to share anything happening in your local area.
Here in Carson City, Nevada we have our annual Nevada Day Parade, which is one of our biggest events in the area.
Now this year will be very different from the normal 3-hour long parade with mini-events all over the city. It’s a BIG deal.
This year it is still a great opportunity for our local businesses to be a sponsor and have their brand posted all over the place – on memorabilia, hot air balloons, in the official event program, local news and media promotions online and print, and social media.
It’s a great opportunity for local area businesses to share updates and include what they will be participating in or sponsoring.
This event brings statewide recognition to our city and for those businesses that participate.
Think of events, big or small, that can help get your businesses brand out into the community. How can you contribute to your community? What is going on in your community that you can support (did your local high school football team win big? Celebrate! Check your local news sources to find these feel-good stories and use them!