Take advantage of the upcoming holidays or “Days of” by sharing new inventory, specials, gift ideas, or tips related to the holidays.
April is the official kick-off to spring! We are already through Quarter 1 – can you believe that?
Take this new season as an opportunity to create new habits that grow your business – Get Consistent with your content this month.
Why Do Holidays Make Great Social Posts?
Holidays or “Days Of” are an opportunity to create content and offers of value.
Blog posts, company news or article can, on their own, be content to scroll right on by, but a fun celebration post (tied into your business offerings) can be a great way to grab attention and engagement.
Not all of these will apply to you. Pick the ones that do and use them to create great posts. I have provided some ideas in the days below.
However, DON’T just put up a graphic and say “Happy XYZ Day,” make sure it ties in to your business niche, products, services etc.
One example, Easter is a religious holiday and maybe you or your business do not celebrate this day. You can still create something fun around what people may be doing that day. For example, a fitness brand might want to create a short family fun movement sequence for the whole family. A salon owner might want to use the array of colors in Easter to promote and “Hare-y” offer on color treatments – pastels are in fashion! You see how this can go? Have fun. In case you miss it below hairstylists – your day is this month April 30!
If you are looking for more unique days to your industry, a simple Google search of “days of for [your industry]” usually brings up specific days to note. Also visit, NationalDayCalendar.com and NationalToday.com to find more ideas.
These dates of celebration are chosen for local businesses across the US for large and small businesses ranging from:
- Cafe or bakery
- Specialty foodservice and stores
- Hair salon
- local shops
- fitness facilities and gyms
- medical and dental offices
- Local entities like fire and law enforcement
- Local service-based businesses like financial advisers, mortgage brokers, lenders, real estate agents, etc.
- Any local brick and mortar business serving a local community
How to use this resource.
1. Create a content calendar and plan out your month’s strategy using the holiday topics below.
2. Start writing captions, finding or creating images or graphics (Canva)
3. Start scheduling out these social posts a week ahead, using Facebook’s Creator Studio for Facebook and Instagram feeds.
Make your social success, don’t schedule on the fly.
Here are some ideas for marketing opportunities in April.
If you are visual and like to print things out and post them where you can see them, as I do, then I made this download the printable calendar just for you.
– National Financial Literacy Month
– National Fair Housing Month
– National Autism Awareness Month
– National Garden Month
– National Volunteer Month
– Occupational Therapy Month
– Sexual Assault Awareness Month
– Stress Awareness Month
– National Cancer Registrars Week – April 5-9, 2021
– National Library Week – April 4-10, 2021
– National Wildlife Week – Changes Annually – April 5-9, 2021
– National Student Employment Week – Second Full Week
– National Volunteer Week – April 18-24, 2021
– Holy Week- Second Week
– Administrative Professionals Week – Last Full Week
– 4/1 April Fool’s Day
– 4/2 National Love Our Children Day
– 4/2 National Handmade Day – First Saturday in April
– 4/6 Day of Hope (It is a day of inspiration and motivation for everyone to wake up to the need to rescue children and adults who are passing through phases of abuse of different kinds, sicknesses, and traumatic experiences.)
– 4/7 – World Health Day
– 4/7 – National Beer Day
– 4/9 National Name Yourself Day
– 4/10 National Siblings Day
– 4/10 National Farm Animals Day
– 4/11 National Pet Day
– 4/14 Gardening Day
– 4/15 World Art Day
– 4/15 Tax Day
– 4/15 Good Friday – Friday Before Easter
– 4/16 Bean Counter day
– 4/17 Easter – Changes Annually April 17, 2022
– 4/22 Earth Day
– 4/21 Administrative Professionals Day (Wednesday of Last Full Week)
– 4/21 Get to know your Customer Day!
– 4/24 National Sauvignon Blanc Day
– 4/25 Hug a Plumber Day
– 4/27 Prime Rib day
– 4/28 Superhero Day
– 4/29 Arbor Day
– 4/30 Hairstylist Appreciation Day
LOCAL THINGS HAPPENING
This is where you want to share anything happening in your local area.
Here in Carson City, Nevada, we have our annual Nevada Day Parade, which is one of our biggest events in the area.
Now this year will be very different from the normal 3-hour long parade with mini-events all over the city. It’s a BIG deal.
This year it is still a great opportunity for our local businesses to be a sponsor and have their brand posted all over the place – on memorabilia, hot air balloons, in the official event program, local news and media promotions online and print, and social media.
It’s a great opportunity for local area businesses to share updates and include what they will be participating in or sponsoring.
This event brings statewide recognition to our city and for those businesses that participate.
Think of events, big or small, that can help get your business’s brand out into the community. How can you contribute to your community? What is going on in your community that you can support (did your local high school football team win big? Celebrate! Check your local news sources to find these feel-good stories and use them!